Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I Love to Read (and be read to...)



This past weekend I went to my first book fair in Tucson, Arizona.  It was amazing!!!  There were 400 authors there, and I got 4 books autographed to me, Zoe the Therapy Dog.  Reading is very important and there are even organizations where therapy dogs like me help children with reading like Reading Education Assistance Dogs (R.E.A.D.).  It is a very interesting program that is spreading throughout the country at local libraries.  You should see if your library has this special service.  I love to read and be read to... here are some pictures of me with some of my favorite books.
Coated with Fur - a Vet's Story is by Kristen Nelson - you will love it!!!
You can learn much from her blog, too.

My heart skipped a beat when mom read about Sugar and her surgery...I didn't like the Elvira snake chapter too much, but you might!
 These are my autographed books.  Mom likes the illustrations - I think she is thinking about writing and illustrating a book about ME!


This book, Cats on a World Wide Quest was written and illustrated by mom's friend, Deb Kress.  Check back soon for more information and pictures about this book!












Here is my advice for today:
  • Parents - read to your children and pets.
  • Children - there is something magical about the world of books -- as Dr. Seuss said, "Oh the Places You'll Go!!"
  • Get veterinary advice on Dr. Nelson's Veterinary Blog

1 comment:

  1. Hi Zoe - I love to read, too. Good advice.

    ReplyDelete