Monday, August 19, 2013

A Visit with Mr. George




Here’s another Zoe moment it happened on Sunday, August 11th!  Sorry, I'm a little behind.
Here I am waiting to into one of the cottages.  I love visiting with the residents.
I had what I would call a mini-Zoe moment, but to Mr. George’s care giver, Miss Leslie, it was major.  I had been visiting with residents in the great room area –giving high-5, doing twirls, resting my front paws on knees, and sitting in offered laps– when one of the care givers asked if I could please visit a resident in his room; she said he loved dogs.  Of course mommy said that we certainly would do that. Miss Leslie led the way.  We walked down the hallway and entered the darkened room.  Miss Leslie went to Mr. George and shouted in his ear, “MR. GEORGE, THERE’S A PUPPY TO SEE YOU. A…PUPPY…TO…SEE…YOU.”  He was very hard of hearing!


 Mommy picked me up, so he could see me.  As his eyes focused on me, his face lit up like a Christmas tree.  As he smiled, he took his hand from beneath the blanket and started to scratch me behind my ear and he asked, “Does that feel good, little guy?”  Then, he slowly sat up in bed, and I sat next to him – very close – he continued to smile and pet me.  I leaned against him, and Miss Leslie said she had not seen him smile that much in a long time.  She asked him, “DO YOU THINK YOU WANT TO GET UP AND COME OUT OF YOUR ROOM?” “What?” She repeated her question about two inches from his ear.  His answer seemed to surprise her– “Yes, I do, and I think I’m hungry, too. Come on, puppy!  My stomach needs some food.”  Miss Leslie thanked us for coming especially because he had not been willing to come out of his room for a few weeks. I will make sure I visit him again very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment