Sunday, August 11, 2013

I Believe in Angels #6 - Final




 This entry has a title: Mr. W. and the Angels


As I stated in my prior post, I thought that my Tuesday, July 23rd visit at the care center would probably be the last. On Saturday, July 27th that was confirmed along with my absolute belief in angels. 

*   *   *   *   *   *

Saturday, July 27th

When I went down the hallway to his room and the cart with notes, treats, and white board were no longer outside his door, I knew that Mr. W.'s journey here on earth had come to an end and his new journey had begun.  I just did not know when he passed, and mommy wondered if it might have been on Thursday, July 25th.  Here's why.

On Thursday, the 25th, I woke up in the middle of the night and started playing with the covers, dancing and rolling over on the bed. (I sleep with mommy and daddy in their bed.) When mommy looked at the clock, it was 1:30 AM; we had gone to bed three hours earlier.  She said, "Zoe, go to sleep; what’s wrong with you?"  I jumped off of the bed, started running as if someone were playing chase with me; picking up my favorite squeaky toy, I started to squeak my toy and run zoomies around the house. Then I ran outside through my doggie door with my toy. I squeaked it a few times and sat on the edge of the patio waiting and staring toward a tree in the far corner of the yard.  Mommy called me a few times, but I just sat there. “Zoe, get in here." After one final look, I came into the house, and she secured the doggie door after me. I dropped my toy in the house, looked toward the door one more time then at mommy as if to say, "Well, did you see? We can go to sleep now."  Mommy wondered what had caught my attention and brought me such excitement and joy in the middle of the night.

Here's where the story comes full circle.  As we were leaving the facility on Saturday, the 27th, we passed the admitting office and mommy asked when Mr. W. had passed.  The answer - Thursday, the 25th.
Mr. W., Mommy and me on our first visit - July 2, 2013.*
My time with Mr. W. had been short - I met him for the first time on July 4th, and I grew to know and love him with each subsequent visit. I ‘visited’ with him for the last time on Thursday, July 25th.  Thank you, Mr. W. for coming to say goodbye and play with me that night.

* Photo authorization given by Mr. W.'s daughter, Susan W. T.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful story. Tissues are in order. Lisa

    ReplyDelete