Friday, November 2, 2012

Reading the Arizona Republic and Scott Craven

Like my mom,  I like to read what she calls "the little paper" --- it lets me know what events are going on in the city and  what's more important are the articles by Scott Craven, who writes a column about pets called Pet Tales.  Besides being informative, he knows the power of 3 in journalism and sometimes he is pretty funny, too.

I feel that I can really relate to his column today called "Dog owners agree puppy love has power to take away stress".  Mr. Craven sites some interesting statistics from findings of a survey taken by Purina Dog Chow.  Well, I was not consulted for his article, but can speak personally on this subject with authority because of  my therapy work.  Just this week, I had 3 patients smile and tell me, "You made my day!" as they scratched my ears!  One of them even called me cutie pie.  Another lady came and sought me out to visit her husband in a private infusion room because he needed my unconditional love and attention.  She heard I did tricks, too - especially my salute - and he served in the military.  SO, I did my thing and guess what?  he was smiling and thanking me before I left him. It makes me happy to spread such good will and cheer.

My advice for today:
Always read Scott Craven's articles.
Remember how important pets can be to your good health.

PS  Mr. Craven, it would be okay with me if you chose to change Pet Tales to "Tails"  to have a play on that word just like I did!

2 comments:

  1. My Dear Zoe,

    The work you and your Mom do is invaluable to those confined. You are so cute, smart and lovable. You make us happy to know you and your Mom. You both are very good "pawple"

    Love,

    K and K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks K and K. You should ask your mom if we could meet!
    Hugs,
    ZOe

    ReplyDelete