Monday, October 8, 2012

Crossing the Rainbow Bridge





Nothing of my story today, because I wanted to comment on crossing the rainbow bridge.  You pet parents probably know what that is all about, but maybe your children don't.  It is very important to teach them about the fact that at some point a member of your pet family will have to cross this very special bridge. 

Here is a book that I highly recommend Crossing the Rainbow Bridge by Mr. Robert Scott.  Also, a poem that I think is so special is this one.  It can help at this very sad time. Be careful, it might make you cry!  I sure hope no one has to read it for me for a very l------o------n--------g  time.  I want to be on this side of that bridge for at least as long as sweet Genevieve.  You can read about her on the Ruby Ranch  Facebook Page.  That's where I read it today and the reason  I wanted to share information about the rainbow bridge (and you thought I was just stuck on myself - au contraire!)  RIP sweet lady!  

I am so glad that Genevieve was able to cross that bridge by passing peacefully in her sleep as a member of  a loving family and not as a foster.  Her last days were probably the happiest of her life! 

More about me in the next few days!

Advice for today:

Learn about the Rainbow Bridge, know its importance and share it.  
Share information on Facebook and other social media about the wonderful work that rescues do on a daily basis 24/7 (like Ruby Ranch)
Being part of a loving family is important...I know this from experience

4 comments:

  1. You are one smart dog! Teaching about the Rainbow Bridge is important.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zoe! Crossing the Rainbow Bridge was very helpful in the healing process when our family had to say goodbye to our dear Bumper about 19 months ago. I'm so glad you're sharing the story with others. Keep up the great work! Oh.....and Bailey and Oreo say hi too!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woof! Thanks for reading about the Rainbow Bridge to your family. Also, give Bailey and Oreo extra treats before they go to bed tonight!

      Zoe

      Delete
  3. We are so glad you have a loving home like we do. We feel so lucky. We are envious of your wardrobe,but realize you need them for you profession. Keep up the good work.

    Keno and Kadi Green

    ReplyDelete