Monday, October 22, 2012

My Political View for U.S. Senate

I know I can't vote because I am not a registered voter, although I have other registrations (that I am quite proud of.....but.... that's another story for another day).

I think that it is important for you to know that one candidate, Jeff Flake, has opposed nearly every animal welfare reform in Congress:

  1. Flake voted against efforts to include pets and SERVICE ANIMALS in disaster planning.  (After Hurricane Katrina alone so many people stayed behind and put themselves at risk because there were no plans for their pet family members!) H.R. 3858
  2. Flake voted against a program to pair disabled veterans with SERVICE DOGS as a form of therapy for veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. H.R. 3885
  3. Flake voted to spend millions of taxpayer dollars on the use of aerial gunning, toxic poisons, steel jawed traps, and other INHUMANE methods of killing predators as a subsidy for private livestock ranchers. H.R. 2112, Campbell Amendment
  4. Flake voted against  strengthening enforcement of the federal law against the barbaric practices of dog fighting and cockfighting H.R. 2673, Blumenauer Amendment
*Number 4 is bold because that one is especially important to me personally!!!

This above information comes from the Humane Society Legislative Fund (HSLF), and I approve this message!  Maybe now I can be on TV and give political commentary.  I might do a better job than some folks I've heard lately.  So as they have been saying on TV:  The Humane Choice: Richard Carmona - The Wrong Choice: Jeff Flake

ADVICE for today:  Learn more about animals and politics at the HSLF's website.  I learned a "plethora" of things today!

2 comments:

  1. Very good information Zoe. Thank you..

    K and K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that was helpful. I sure wish I could vote; sometimes humans have to make difficult decisions.

    Tell your Mom, hi!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete